Get my motivational e-book,
Reach Past Your Limits

Cover for Reach Past Your Limits

Are you in? Updated ways to follow The Ink!

Survivor Guide – Week 2 NFL Survivor Pool Picks

Cincinnati looked horrible in Week1 and sank over 35% of the people in the survivor pool I was participating in. Now I am out in that one, but Buffalo came back and kept me alive in my second survivor contest. So much for trusting Vegas and the highest point spread of last week. In a pick em pool, I went 11-3 in Week 1 (not counting the Thursday or Friday games), but yet I still managed to bow out of the survivor. Sometimes you just make a bad pick. I’m not sure that Cincy is that bad, but New England’s defense played well. In hindsight it was a bad pick since Jamaar Chase was not practicing and Joe Burrow seems to start slow every year.

Survivor Guide logo
Here are my Survivor Picks for Week 2:

My best pick is Baltimore (-9). They looked good last week even though they lost to Kansas City, so they should be motivated to get their first win at home and hammer the Raiders. My second pick is the Los Angeles Chargers (-5) on the road against Carolina, a team that does not look good. This pick is all about the defense of the Chargers and the weak competition. My third pick is Houston (-6.5) at home against Chicago. I watched Houston and they looked very good on offense against Indianapolis. Chicago managed to win without their offense scoring last week. I don’t think they will do so well at Houston, but it is a Sunday night prime time game so both teams should be up for the game.

The next couple games that I considered were the Eagles (-6.5) at home against Atlanta and Detroit (-7.5) at home against Tampa Bay. The Eagles should win and hopefully win big, but I don’t like to pick the home team. I’d rather enjoy watching the game without possibly jinxing them this early in the season. Plus, I don’t think Atlanta should be as bad as they looked against Pittsburgh. Maybe the Steelers defense is that good, but maybe it was just Week 1 and the game got out of hand. Detroit (-7.5) at home against Tampa Bay could be a toss-up between two pretty good squads. I think Kansas City should take care of business against Cincinnati, but am staying away from the Bengals at all costs after they killed me last week.

I watched several pretty good games in Week One and look forward to seeing some good match ups this weekend. It is still too early in the season to know much about half the teams in the league, so you have to choose the better teams early to make sure you survive and keep winning. Good Luck.

Written by JM “Old School”

Comments

Popular Posts