Get my motivational e-book,
Reach Past Your Limits

Cover for Reach Past Your Limits

Are you in? Updated ways to follow The Ink!

Quinn’s Quickies: Week 1 Eagles Reaction

My effort to get someone to do an instant reaction post/video to the Birds games this season didn’t quite work out. I’m not sure how people resisted my offer to work for no money. So, at least for this week, here’s my not-so-instant reaction to the Eagles 34-29 victory over the Green Bay Packers on Friday:

·        I try very hard not to be a hater writing about the Eagles on this blog. It would be completely counterproductive – no one wants to read / listen to that type of nonsense. My gut reaction to Friday night’s game is that it was more of a Green Bay loss than an Eagles win. The two early Eagles turnovers that the Packers only turned into field goals is a big part of it. The late decision by Green Bay to kick a field goal and try to get the ball back to score again is possibly a bigger factor. (That was just dumb.) The Packers bringing a kick and an interception out of the end zone didn’t help either, though I’m not sure they were major factors.

·       Jalen Hurts’ performance helped solidify what I wrote about him last week. Without looking at his passing statistics, I’m sure he finished with good numbers. Did he look like a good quarterback? His two interceptions were atrocious. When you can see a “pick” coming while watching the game live on television, it’s bad. And I would argue that was the case with the early interception and the one in the end zone. Even more to the point of what I wrote last week, when the game was being determined in the fourth quarter, Hurts definitely looked like a “running back / quarterback.”

·       Saquon Barkley looked like an absolute stud Friday night, and I think he was the biggest factor in the win for the Birds.

·        I’m not sure how to grade the defense. They may have saved the game in the first quarter by keeping the Packers to two field goals after the Eagles turnovers. Yet, they gave up 29 points in a game where the offenses seemed to be going up and down the field all night.

·        At one point in the game, the broadcasters let us know that Nick Sirianni had more control of the team this year with the two new coordinators in place. Seriously? I know these guys have to deal with the coaches, so they have to cozy up to them. But c’mon.

Comments

Popular Posts