Cover for Reach Past Your Limits

Get My Motivational E-Book "Reach Past Your Limits"
Click here for information on all of my books.

“Turkey Day Teaser” NFL Week 12, College Football Picks

football
It’s amazing how one loss can put a damper on things even when all of your bets are for the same dollar amount. I was looking at a big week with three $50 bets last week, sitting at 2-0 for +$89.50 with Kansas City up 10 at halftime. But as fast as the Chiefs receivers can drop a pass, I dropped to 2-1 for +39.50. I’ll take my first consecutive winning weeks of the football season, nonetheless.

By the way, my brother mentioned to me that he feels strange telling people what to bet in the comments. I completely understand, and just want to reiterate that I’m not telling anybody what to bet. (Yet, I still feel worse losing a bet I’ve posted than losing a bet I didn’t post.) My thought with posting picks is “let’s beat the books together . . . or have fun trying!” This is just bouncing ideas off each other. If I haven’t proven it already, I’m certainly not an expert. I have my thoughts, I try to compare to what other people are saying, and I take my shots.

I was tempted to start this week with a “Turkey Day” parlay with a money line bet on all three home teams. But I fear the Packers at +7.5 upsetting the Lions. I actually thought about flipping and going with the Pack . . . I told you I’m just a guy making picks . . . but I think I’ll stay away. I thought about a teaser with the Cowboys and 49ers, but I didn’t like the heavy “juice.”

This morning I listened to a guy that I’ve been watching for years, and he liked Ole Miss. (I’d mention his name, but I’m not sure he’d want that.) I was thinking about that game, too. So, my pick is something that I have rarely done. I put all three in a 7-point teaser for $50, which I admit is a little aggressive, to win $61.46. Call it a “Turkey Day Teaser.” So, I have the Cowboys -6.5, the 49ers even, and Ole Miss -3, at +123. As my cousin and frequent commenter once told me, they call it a teaser for a reason.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kickoff ‘23

Birds Trade for O-lineman; Week-in-Review

NFL Week 4, College Picks 🏈 Peeking at the Phillies World Series Odds ⚾