Cover for Reach Past Your Limits

Get My Motivational E-Book "Reach Past Your Limits"
Click here for information on all of my books.

2011 NBA Finals Pick

Despite David Stern’s best efforts to stretch out the playoffs into perpetuity, the NBA Finals begin tonight. And they may be the perfect time for me to get back into making picks as I’m 3-0 picking the Finals on this blog.

After an atrocious stretch, I took a breather from making picks. I finally took a break after ending an extended losing streak, and it’s time to get back into it.

Normally, I love one team in the Finals, but I just can’t say that this year. I think this could be a really good series – possibly the first truly good series in the playoffs. But in the end, I think the Miami Heat will take the NBA championship.

Ironically, after all the talk about Miami’s “Big 3,” I like them because I think they are deeper than the Dallas Mavericks. LeBron James is closing games better than anyone thought he would. Dwayne Wade is still one of the best players in the game. And as a third option, Chris Bosh has been surprisingly effective.

But I think Udonis Haslem seems to have become that “other” guy that is making them almost unbeatable. He’s missed most of the season so it’s impossible to quantify what he’s done, but anyone watching the playoffs knows he was a huge lift for the Heat against the Chicago Bulls.

Unfortunately, the Heat are huge favorites at -170. But I’m making the pick on the Miami for 170 points to win 100.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kickoff ‘23

Birds Trade for O-lineman; Week-in-Review

NFL Week 4, College Picks 🏈 Peeking at the Phillies World Series Odds ⚾