Cover for Reach Past Your Limits

Get My Motivational E-Book "Reach Past Your Limits"
Click here for information on all of my books.

Week 5 NFL Pick, College Pick, Week-in-Review

I dared you to follow me on Twitter last week, and I said I was doing better with game day selections as opposed to my weekly post. You didn’t believe me, did you?

Well, last Friday’s picks were a weak 1-2 for -20.95 points. Only Alabama saved me from going winless, and I was 0-2 in the NFL. But I caught fire on Twitter, going 2-0 on Saturday with Notre Dame and Iowa in a parlay for +13 points. Monday night I added the Patriots for +9.09. Wednesday night I posted a Phillies/Yankees parlay for +7.29. Last night I posted Nebraska for another +4.55. That’s 6 straight on Twitter, for +26.64.

I’ve had to get a little bit more organized to keep track of my picks, so a “week” will run Thursday through Wednesday in deference to football. So, last week I was a strong 6-2 on games, but only +8.43. I’m still down -39.31 since football started, but my win/loss record jumps to 10-10. I’m already off to a nice start this week, and if Roy Oswalt comes through tonight, my Phillies/Yankees series parlay will be looking solid.

Let’s keep it rolling. I’ll start with one college and one NFL pick:

Alabama -7.5 over South Carolina (10pts. to win 9.52)
Green Bay -2.5 over Washington (10pts. to win 9.52)

Don’t forget, more picks likely on Twitter throughout the week.

Week-in-Review:

• The NBA has become so bad that the video game, NBA2K11, is featuring Michael Jordan on its cover. In fact, if players are good enough, they can add Jordan to their virtual roster. If this isn’t a sign of why there’s a lockout looming, I don’t know what is.

• Maybe it’s time for Brent Musberger to retire. From SI.com:
Brent Musburger . . . told a group of college journalism students that professional athletes under a doctor's supervision could potentially use steroids to improve performance. . . .
Musburger . . . told students at the University of Montana that steroids have no place in high school athletics, but they could be used in the pros under the proper care and doctor's advice.
"Here's the truth about steroids: They work," he said in a story reported by The Missoulian.
"I've had somebody say that, you know, steroids should be banned because they're not healthy for you," he told the students Tuesday. "Let's go find out. What do the doctors actually think about anabolic steroids and the use by athletes? Don't have a preconceived notion that this is right or this is wrong."


What the hell is he talking about? Let’s go find out? We already have! They’re bad, Brent. Like, really bad.

• Randy Moss was traded to the Minnesota Vikings. I don’t get this at all. I saw Moss catch a bomb for a touchdown a couple weeks ago with one hand. He’s still a stud. I’ve heard that the Patriots traded him because he argued with a coach and/or wouldn’t sign a contract. Either way it’s ludicrous. This is Bill Belichick proving he’s a genius. I’d say he should try winning a Super Bowl without spying on his opponent instead, but I’m pretty sure he just traded away his chance of making the Super Bowl.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kickoff ‘23

Birds Trade for O-lineman; Week-in-Review

NFL Week 4, College Picks 🏈 Peeking at the Phillies World Series Odds ⚾