Cover for Reach Past Your Limits

Get My Motivational E-Book "Reach Past Your Limits"
Click here for information on all of my books.

Week 6 Picks

After my first winning week of the football season, with a 2-1 record last week, I’m looking to keep the momentum going this weekend. Check the time on the post for validation that I got the first of my picks in before kickoff on Friday night between Pittsburgh and Rutgers. (Or find me on Facebook by searching the name of this blog.) That’s the best I could come up with!

Here’s my Week 6 picks:

Pittsburgh -6 over Rutgers
USC -10 over ND

Giants +155 (money line) over New Orleans
Denver +155 (money line) over San Diego
Atlanta -3 over over Chicago

More after the Phillies game (probably).

UPDATE: It was a tough loss for the Phils tonight. I would have liked to see Pedro Martinez go another inning with a 1-0 lead through 7, but hindsight is 20-20. I hope Charlie Manuel would have left him in if Carlos Ruiz hadn’t walked to bring up the pitcher’s spot with 1 out and a guy on base, but once that happened he probably had little choice. Two outs and nobody on is a different story in my opinion; keep the pitcher in the game in that case as opposed to hoping a pinch hitter starts a 2-out rally.

No need to panic; the Phillies still got what they needed in Los Angeles. The biggest concern might be that Chase Utley seems to have forgotten how to throw to first base. I also don’t like that Cole Hamels reminded us all of the reason we just don’t completely like him with last night’s glare after Jimmy Rollins’ error on a double-play ball. The 2-3-2 format probably means the series will go back to L.A. now, but I still like the Phillies to advance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kickoff ‘23

Birds Trade for O-lineman; Week-in-Review

NFL Week 4, College Picks 🏈 Peeking at the Phillies World Series Odds ⚾