Cover for Reach Past Your Limits

Get My Motivational E-Book "Reach Past Your Limits"
Click here for information on all of my books.

Era Ender, Part II

Apparently one of the reasons McNabb and Reid failed to show any urgency at the end of yesterday’s game is that they didn’t comprehend that the game could end in a tie.

McNabb after the game: “No, I didn’t know that. When the [Hail Mary] play was called, I kind of figured, ‘I guess there’s ties in the NFL.’ . . . I’ve never been a part of a tie. I never even knew that was in the rule book. It’s part of the rules and we have to go with it. I was looking forward to the next opportunity to get out there and try to drive to win the game.”

In case your head hasn’t exploded yet, he continued: “I hate to see what happens in the Super Bowl or I hate to see what happens in the playoffs. You have to settle with a tie.”

Not to be outdone, Reid offered this: “I’ve never been in a tie before, but I know it’s not a win. I don’t know how this works in the standings. I know it’s not good enough. We need wins and this is not a win.”

Why these two idiots still have a job today is simply beyond me. This is at least equivalent to Rich Kotite explaining his decision not to go for a two point conversion at the appropriate time with “the chart got wet.”

I’ve never been involved in an NFL game in my life, and I’ve known since about the age of 8 that a game could end in a tie, that it becomes a half game in the standings (because no, Andy, it’s not a win . . . very good), and that a playoff game, especially the friggin’ Super Bowl, cannot end in a tie!!

This isn’t just not knowing a rule. It’s not even not knowing the “tuck” rule. This is something football fans just know. They don’t remember not knowing it. It’s not all that far down the list from needing 10 yards for a first down.

It is utterly unacceptable that our quarterback of 10 years thinks there’s more than one overtime in a regular season game and thinks the Super Bowl might end in a tie. It’s called being a guy that likes football. It’s just being a fan.

Yes, McNabb had a bad game. Yes, his coach needs to be gone – now. But when you don’t know a basic rule of the game that you’ve played professionally for 10 years, you need to follow his butt out the door.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kickoff ‘23

NFL Week 4, College Picks 🏈 Peeking at the Phillies World Series Odds ⚾

Week 6 NFL, College Football Picks 🏈🏈🏈