Get my motivational e-book,
Reach Past Your Limits

Cover for Reach Past Your Limits

Are you in? Updated ways to follow The Ink!

NFL Opening Night Pick: Chiefs vs. Ravens

Tonight, the NFL kicks off another season, and the “Ink” starts another year of posting picks against the spread. I warned you all last year, and I’ll do it again this year – I’m just some guy betting football. I’m not an expert or a handicapper. I’m a fan who likes to have fun gambling, I enjoy writing, and that’s how I started posting picks. My philosophy is “let’s beat the books together.” I give my picks, and I encourage you to do the same. I listen to other people who make money selling their picks or giving their picks on sports shows, I try to pick up bits of information (key statistics, injury news, etc.), and I match them with my own thoughts and opinions, and I make my selections.

money

Im taking the Chiefs -3 (+102) over the Ravens for $20 to win $20.40.

In previews, I heard a lot about the Chiefs new offensive weapons. The Ravens added Derrick Henry, but apparently have questions on the offensive line. It’s Week 1. I plan to stay with small bets – this may actually be a little high for me right now – because I don’t think anyone knows much about these teams until October. I did push the line up half a point to avoid -120 juice. Hopefully, it doesn’t burn me.

I also heard some comments about Patrick Mahomes age, so I stayed away from making my prediction of them winning the Super Bowl a pick.

Since the reboot of this blog at the start of last football season, I am +$564.60 with a 37-61-3 win-loss record with picks. If you’re new to the blog or gambling, you may think that’s BS. I always give the amount of money to wager on a pick along with the potential payout for a win. If you win the bigger bets, your win-loss record isn’t as important – not that I recommend sucking as much as I did with wins and losses. Taking Michigan in late October to win the college football championship at +215 odds for $100, and betting Connecticut to win the college basketball championship for $100 at +500 in late February, obviously boosted my winnings. Betting $250 on Kansas City as a slight underdog in the Super Bowl didn’t hurt either. My football record last season was 31-51-3 for +$215.98, including 15-31-1 for +$47.23 in the NFL and 16-20-2 for $168.75 in college football.

Comments

Popular Posts