Cover for Reach Past Your Limits

Get My Motivational E-Book "Reach Past Your Limits"
Click here for information on all of my books.

Quinn’s Quickies: Sixers Disappointing, Phillies Homering, Eagles Drafting, more

It’s been a busy couple of weeks in the Philadelphia sports scene, but honestly not much has been all that exciting. Here are a few Quinn’s Quickies:

Rob's profile pic

  • Stop me if you heard this before: The Sixers are on the verge of another early exit from the NBA Playoffs. Down 3-1 to the New York Knicks after a rather uninspired 4th quarter in Game 4, the Sixers are likely done this week. Through the first three games, I would have had no problem saying that Philadelphia was the better team. They coughed up Game 1, had Game 2 flat out stolen by the NBA, and won Game 3. In Game 4, they simply disappeared in the last quarter. (By the way, the Knicks weren’t much better, and there’s no way they’re getting past Boston.) I don’t know what you do with this team. Joel Embiid is too good to trade, but he just can’t shake the injury bug. Tyrese Maxey is an All-Star, but he refuses to take control of the team. I’ve defended Tobias Harris many times, but he gave you nothing this series. I’ve heard the Sixers have a ton of salary cap space this off-season. I’ve also heard the name Klay Thompson as a possible acquisition. Add a “banger” at power forward and pray Embiid stays upright, and maybe they get people excited again.
  • The Phillies are a red hot, having won 19 of 27 games. Yet, my biggest fear continues to show itself. In sweeping San Diego, they hit 9 home runs. The Phillies are tied for third with multiple teams in home runs (34) as of Sunday evening. They’re 14th in runs (127). I’m not trying to put a damper on anything, but it’s an issue.
  • I’m absolutely not a draftnik, so I don’t have much to say about who the Eagles drafted. I did hear Reuben Franks say on Birds Huddle that he didn’t care that the team’s first round pick, a cornerback, was out of Toledo as he gushed over him. Really? You don’t care where he played college football?
  • NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is eying an 18-game regular season. But remember, the NFL really, really cares about player safety. My favorite part is how he pointed to a crowd during interview at the draft to say they’d prefer another regular season game and reducing the number of preseason games. Good one. ‘cause they’re definitely comparable in terms of players getting worn down and that crowd isn’t bias. At all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kickoff ‘23

Birds Trade for O-lineman; Week-in-Review

NFL Week 4, College Picks ๐Ÿˆ Peeking at the Phillies World Series Odds ⚾