Cover for Reach Past Your Limits

Get My Motivational E-Book "Reach Past Your Limits"
Click here for information on all of my books.

AFC / NFC Championship Game Picks

football
Just three games remain in the NFL season. It’s conference championship weekend. I wasn’t sure I’d make it this far giving my picks in college football and the NFL. Admittedly, I had to take a two-week break to clear my head at the end of a tough regular season as I let my pick on Michigan to win the college football championship ride. But with three straight winning weeks, including going 2-1 for +$115 last weekend, I’m 4-3 for +$345 in the New Year. For the season, I’m actually at my high-water mark at +$148.48 despite a record of 30-49-3.

A couple weeks ago, I went with the voices of my commenters, taking the Buccaneers on the money line to eke out a winning week. Last week, I held my ground after a couple commenters sided with the Bills, going with the Chiefs (after a bit of a nod via text from Angry Mike) on the money line to get another winning week. A half point non-cover by the 49ers, which I noted fearing, cost me Saturday’s teaser that included the Ravens and a huge weekend.

My gut has been telling me since the playoffs began that San Francisco and Baltimore will meet in the Super Bowl – not exactly a sleeper pick, obviously. Yet, I’m not loving these games on Sunday.

Writing on Thursday evening, the Ravens are -4 versus the Chiefs, and despite the public apparently loving the Lions, the 49ers ticked up from -7 to -7.5 at home. With the injuries the Chiefs incurred last week, which I still need to read more about, I’m leaning toward the Ravens as my best bet. Angry Mike texted me earlier in the week to say take the Lions plus the points if Deebo Samuel is out. I’m guessing he plays, but the question will be how effectively.

Get in the comments and give us your thoughts. While you’re at it, tell a friend or two about the Ink using our share tools. I’ll post my picks in the comments tonight or tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kickoff ‘23

Birds Trade for O-lineman; Week-in-Review

NFL Week 4, College Picks 🏈 Peeking at the Phillies World Series Odds ⚾