Cover for Reach Past Your Limits

Get My Motivational E-Book "Reach Past Your Limits"
Click here for information on all of my books.

NFL Week 5, College Football Picks 🏈🏈🏈

money

Bad picks, bad luck, and even a “bad beat,” added up to a 3-7 record last week for -$46.55 on the blog. I grabbed most of it back on my own with two bets on halftime lines on Penn State and the Eagles.

I’d previously only bet one or two halftime lines with disastrous results. In the games last weekend, I felt like I had a very clear line of logic to make the bets. 🤔 Both teams were originally heavily favored, both lines were cut dramatically, and, watching each game, I felt confident they would both return to form in the second half. The Nittany Lions rewarded that confidence, covering the halftime spread and the game line. The Eagles . . . covered the halftime spread.

PSU Bet slip


Eagles bet slip


Here’s what I’m thinking about this week:

Eagles -4.5 (-114) @ Rams – This is a Philly Sports Blog, after all!  It finally dawned on me that I should always have the Eagles game first in this post, whether I’m seriously looking at it or not. It doesn’t really jump out at me, but it -4.5 seems low. Although, as I write late Thursday night, the previously winless Bears crushed the Commanders (on the day Dick Butkus passed . . . hmmm), who took the Birds to overtime last week. Maybe that’s why the line is low.

Bills -5.5 (-110) vs. Jaguars in the U.K. – I don’t love that Jacksonville was already in London for last week’s game. But barring finding out about key injuries when I look into this game, I really like Buffalo.

KC Chiefs -3.5 (-112) @ Minnesota Vikings – Mahomes can’t slide again, right?

College games:

Michigan -19 (-113) @ Minnesota – I’m not trying to pick on Minnesota this week! I just think Michigan is rolling.

Miami -20.5 (-109) vs. Georgia Tech – The Yellow Jackets always seem like a pesky team when I go against them, but I’ve been on Miami a lot this year.

Right now, I’m refusing to look at the Louisville / Notre Dame because they’ve both burned me throughout September. But check the comments. Ohio State, North Carolina, and Georgia, intrigue me. And, just as an interesting note (possibly to no one else but myself), I think this is only the second time in my life I’ve seen Alabama -1 or a ‘dog. 

Get in the comments! 💬 Bring me your picks, your underdogs, your huddled parlays!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kickoff ‘23

Birds Trade for O-lineman; Week-in-Review

NFL Week 4, College Picks 🏈 Peeking at the Phillies World Series Odds ⚾