Cover for Reach Past Your Limits

Get My Motivational E-Book "Reach Past Your Limits"
Click here for information on all of my books.

NFL Week 4, College Picks 🏈 Peeking at the Phillies World Series Odds ⚾

money
A 4-1-1 record for $26.70 with picks last week was a nice bounce back on the blog. Nice, not great, considering the total. But I had to go with what I felt. I just didn’t love any of the games last week. It’s a good example of why gambling on sports is all about the money total. 💰 I guarantee there’s plenty of guys selling picks online who would be crowing about a 4-1-1 record, but it doesn’t mean squat if they didn’t put an amount on each wager. If the one loss is a big bet and the four wins are for minimum amounts, it could be nothing but a losing week.

By the way, I have zero intentions of ever selling picks. I don’t understand why anyone would ever buy anyone else’s pick. 🤔 It’s stupid. The point spread makes these games a toss-up. Do you really think some guy yelling into his iPhone camera knows more about a game than the people setting the line? There’s just no reason to buy a pick.

My whole thought in putting picks on the blog is to have some fun with readers. I’m a guy betting games for recreation just like you. (Psst . . . we’re really no different than those guys screaming about their 5-star Monday night picks.) I have my own thoughts, and I think it helps to compare it to what other bettors are thinking. So, jump in the comments 💬, have some fun, and let us know your picks. Of course, while I encourage you to “Reach Past Your Limits” in your exercise routine in my e-book, please don’t ever do so while you’re gambling. 

Here’s what I’m looking at this weekend:

Louisville -3.5 (-110) @ NC State (Friday) – I couldn’t find out why Louisville, up 21-0 two weeks ago, didn’t score a point in the second half. They scored 56 last week against Boston College, so I’m thinking they’re back on track.

Utah +3.5 (-112) @ Oregon State (Friday)

USC -22 (-110) @ Colorado – Is Colorado legit or not?

Penn State -27 (-108) @ Northwestern

Georgia -15.5 (-112) @ Auburn

Michigan -17 (-110) @ Nebraska

Oregon -27 (-112) @ Stanford

Duke +5.5 (-109) vs. ND – This could be my favorite game of the week. Notre Dame had a heartbreaking loss last week. I’m not sure Ohio State is the powerhouse ND was trying to prove it can play against anyway, but there’s still a potential “let down” factor for the Irish. Duke might just be better, too.

PIT Steelers -2.5 (-118) at Houston – Back-to-back road games for Pittsburgh worries me, but their “D” looks good. The “juice” would have to come down or I’d push it to -3.

BUF Bills -3 (-103) vs. Miami – Yes, I know what Miami did last week.

MIN Vikings -4.5 (-107) @ Carolina

PHI Eagles -8 (-110) vs. Washington – Stubbed my toe a bit on the Eagles game Monday night. At least I kept it off the blog. I just don’t see Washington hangin’ with the Birds.

KC Chiefs -9.5 (-109) @ Jets – Obviously, I picked the wrong 12.5-point favorite last week – Dallas instead of KC. Even mom asked, “Why?”

These numbers were via Sugar House on Wednesday. My actual picks will be in the comments – potentially a little earlier than usual, if I go with either of the Friday games.

Phillies odds to win it all. I looked at the odds for the Phillies to win the World Series ⚾. I’m 99% sure it was +1300 on Tuesday night (might have been Monday). Wednesday night it had dropped to +1200. Hmmm. I don’t have enough “in the black” to make a (hopefully) month long bet worthwhile. I actually thought it would be higher. The odds decreasing, meaning the Phils are less of a long shot, is interesting as a fan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kickoff ‘23

Birds Trade for O-lineman; Week-in-Review