Cover for Reach Past Your Limits

Get My Motivational E-Book "Reach Past Your Limits"
Click here for information on all of my books.

NFL Week 2 and College Picks

money
I never made last night’s game an official pick, but I would have pushed with Minnesota +6 anyway. I even wrote that I thought they’d cover, not win. And, I would write a post-game analysis, but it would almost be a repeat of my preview of the game. (E’hm.) The Eagles dominated the banged-up offensive line of the Vikings. The pass rush limited the damage being done to a secondary that was also dealing with injuries, and continued to make Minnesota look turnover prone, at least early in the season.

I’ll be adding picks to the comments section later. As I mentioned yesterday, I was 5-1 or 5-2 last week depending how you want to look at it. I lost what was basically a free pick on DraftKings for $20.50 on Kansas City, which I warned readers was made before news broke that Travis Kelce was hurt. On Sugar House, where I’ve actually deposited money, I went 5-1 for +45.35.

Right now, I’m looking at Penn State -14.5 at Illinois (not a great number) and Louisville -10 at Indiana. Duke -18 over Northwestern might work, and maybe Colorado -24 over Colorado State because I saw a headline suggesting Colorado head coach Deion Sanders was upset about a comment out of Colorado State. If possible, Sanders will run it up. Too many other teams are still playing patsies to warm up.

In the NFL, Green Bay +2 at Atlanta jumps out. Denver -3.5 over Washington is a thought, but I’m aware of the “hook.” And, I hate to say it, but I’ll look at Cleveland -2.5 over Pittsburgh.

A reader already mentioned liking the Jets to have a letdown from their Monday night win over Buffalo . . . after Aaron Rodgers went out with a torn Achilles tendon just four snaps into the season. They are currently plus-9 on the road against the Cowboys, who crushed the other New York football team, the Giants, last week. Agree? Disagree? Get in the comments and let me know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kickoff ‘23

Birds Trade for O-lineman; Week-in-Review

NFL Week 4, College Picks 🏈 Peeking at the Phillies World Series Odds ⚾