Cover for Reach Past Your Limits

Get My Motivational E-Book "Reach Past Your Limits"
Click here for information on all of my books.

Week-in-Review: Mets Suck, Cheney, Rollins, Wild Card, more


A lot to get to this week in my Rapid Fire Week-in-Review, so let’s do it:

*In case you were wondering why the Mets suck, Jose Reyes summed it up for the world to see in their last game. He lead off the Mets’ half of the first inning with a bunt base hit, then pulled himself out of the game to ensure himself the NL batting title. Enjoy the token of what a loser you are, Jose.

*According to a Facebook post by Daily News Sports the man who threw a banana peel at Flyers forward Wayne Simmonds as a racist statement was arrested. Kudos to whomever helped point out the jackass.

*Eagles linebackers don’t just stink, they’re dumb. Well, at least Jamar Cheney is. He was quoted by Philly Sports Daily saying, “We’re getting tested right now, and as long as we stay strong we’re going to be alright. . . . The season ain’t over yet. We’re 1-2 right now. The Miami Heat started out the season 8-8 and everybody was jumping on them like it was the end of the world, and they ended up making it all the way to the Finals. It’s not the end of the world.” Yep, that’s an analogy the Eagles should really want to keep alive. Besides that, someone really needs to tell these morons that the Heat lost in the Finals!

*A lot of people were fired up because Jimmy Rollins was quoted by SI.com on the number of years he wants in a contract after this year, saying, “Five would be great. Five would be the number. . . . I don’t think I want six or seven. You start thinking about 39 (years old). Do I want to play at 39?” About Philadelphia, he added, “Right now there is no better place to play baseball, especially in the National League. . . . With that being said, I’ve been here since I am 17. I never thought of going anywhere else. But am I afraid to leave? Not at all. Nothing’s permanent. I don’t get caught up to the point where it’s either this or nothing.” The comments sound like a response to a question so I think the criticism, which passed quickly, was overblown. I think Rollins is a little over rated and definitely losing a step. Yet, somehow this team seems to respond when he plays well. I wouldn’t let him walk away, but I wouldn’t get into a bidding war for him either.

*As phenomenal as the last day of the baseball season was thanks to the Wild Card, I understand those who question it more than ever. The Red Sox stunk in September, and so did the Braves. Yet, they were frighteningly close to making the playoffs. There’s something wrong with that.

*Jeff McLane of the Inquirer and Les Bowen of the Daily News reportedly came to blows after a Twitter spat. And they question the professionalism of bloggers?

*The Sports Guy column cited a report in the Oregonian that a new NBA collective bargaining agreement might include “an amnesty clause in the yet-signed labor agreement. The big difference: Teams can pick one player to waive, then pay off the rest of his contract … only this time, that player’s deal won’t count against the salary cap (not just the luxury tax).” B-bye, Andre Iguodala, if it’s true.

*I read an article on the Floyd Mayweather – Manny Ortiz fight in the Sports Illustrated that arrived last weekend which included the description, “if [the fight] were being played out on PlayStation, Mayweather would be the one controlled by the experienced gamer and Ortiz the one in the hands of the rookie.” I know I’m sounding old, but it’s pathetic that this is what passes for sports writing now. Pathetic.

*I hate to take the Tweet of the Week from the same guy in back-to-back weeks . . . I know people wait with bated breath . . . but I can’t resist. Once again it comes from 97.5’s Harry Mayes, “If #WhiteSox can trade Ozzie...the #Eagles should be able to trade Reid for a LB and a Safety to be named later. #WIGOBT.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kickoff ‘23

NFL Week 4, College Picks 🏈 Peeking at the Phillies World Series Odds ⚾

Week 6 NFL, College Football Picks 🏈🏈🏈