Cover for Reach Past Your Limits

Get My Motivational E-Book "Reach Past Your Limits"
Click here for information on all of my books.

NFL Week 1 Review


While my focus was on the Eagles this Sunday, the RedZone and primetime games offered plenty of glimpses at the rest of the NFL in Week 1:

  • A very interesting stat came out of Week 1: Among the five leading passers, only Brady won his game.
  • Memo to Andy Reid: All five leading rushers won their game, including LeSean McCoy.
  •  
  • Donovan McNabb threw for 39 yards in his debut for the Minnesota Vikings. I’ll say it again: McNabb was 7-15 for 39 yards in the game. Stop telling me how good this guy is. McNabb lovers need to get a clue.
  •  
  • Tom Brady threw for 517 yards. To put it in perspective, McNabb wouldn’t reach that total for 13+ games based on his performance on Sunday.
  •  
  • I never thought I’d see the Pittsburgh Steelers destroyed 35-7 by any team. I think it’s a bit of a misnomer as the game got away from them early. It will be interesting to see how they respond.
  •  
  • Kevin Kolb passed for 309 yards and 2 touchdowns. It’s tempered a bit by the fact that Cam Newton threw for 422 yards in the same game. Obviously, defense was just a rumor in the game between Arizona and Carolina, but Eagles fans ought to keep their eyes on Kolb to see what was traded away.
  •  
  • I may have to retract what I said about the Colts missing Peyton Manning. They were down 34-0 at halftime against Houston. It’s like they just refused to play without their quarterback. Pathetic.
  •  
  • God bless Tony Romo. I hope he plays for the Dallas Cowboys forever. He finds new ways to choke as much as Notre Dame football is doing this season. He may be more over rated than McNabb.
  •  
  • I still don’t get what Brian Dawkins was thinking going to Denver. They lost to Oakland with Jason Campbell passing for 105 yards.
  •  
  • I know that the Falcons are a different team at home, but people might want to rethink the Matt Ryan hype. He can’t just do nothing on the road. Passing for 319 yards means nothing when you’re getting destroyed and have 0 touchdowns.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kickoff ‘23

Birds Trade for O-lineman; Week-in-Review

NFL Week 4, College Picks 🏈 Peeking at the Phillies World Series Odds ⚾