Cover for Reach Past Your Limits

Get My Motivational E-Book "Reach Past Your Limits"
Click here for information on all of my books.

Super Bowl XLV Pick: Steelers versus Packers

Since the Super Bowl matchup was set nearly two weeks ago I’ve been surprised that the Pittsburgh Steelers were installed as the underdog against the Green Bay Packers. I know Pittsburgh’s center is out and that it could be a close game, but I thought the AFC team would get every benefit of the doubt.

Obviously, I was more surprised to see the 2.5 point spread – stable for most of the two weeks leading up to the game – move to 3 points today. The money line to bet the Steelers obviously also increased, from +125 to +130. Given the fact that I’ve never picked a Super Bowl correctly, my surprise should probably scare the hell out of Pittsburgh fans. (However, as far as I can tell, I’ve only picked two Super Bowls on this blog. My first was actually Seattle versus Pittsburgh, and I picked the Colts last year. Both were losses, though the referee in the Seattle-Pittsburgh matchup all but admitted that the officials screwed Seattle in that Super Bowl.)

The increase in the money line was enough for me to make my pick a day earlier than I expected:

Super Bowl XLV
Pittsburgh Steelers +130 over the Green Bay Packers (100pts. to win 130)

My NFL record for the season (including playoffs) stands at a less than stellar 44-44-1 for +169.54 points. In the playoffs, I am 7-7 so far for +128.96 points. Symmetry doesn’t mean much, but hopefully winning the big picks means everything!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kickoff ‘23

Birds Trade for O-lineman; Week-in-Review

NFL Week 4, College Picks 🏈 Peeking at the Phillies World Series Odds ⚾