Cover for Reach Past Your Limits

Get My Motivational E-Book "Reach Past Your Limits"
Click here for information on all of my books.

Preview of the Super Bowl XLV Pick

It turned out to be a week with a high volume of picks for a low volume of points. I bounced back from a terrible start early in the week to salvage a 3-5 record for -11.35 points.

I went 0-4 in the NBA for -20 points, tying my worst week in pro hoops ever. Record wise it was the worst, as a 2-2 record added up to a 20-point loss in a second round playoff parlay last year.

Handicappers always sound like whiners when they talk about teams that coughed up wins (and, no, I’m not calling myself a professional handicapper). But I started the week with the Heat losing to the Knicks when they just couldn’t hit a shot for most of the fourth quarter, followed by the Sixers dropping a 21-point lead to the Memphis Grizzlies. On Sunday the Thunder losing to the Heat and the Lakers losing at home to the Celtics who were on a long road trip were just tough losses.

I actually went 3-1 in college hoops for +8.65 points. I went against my favorite team, the Villanova Wildcats, and won with Georgetown on Saturday for +4.55. But I split the afternoon as Connecticut lost to Louisville for -5. Finally, I won with North Carolina and Duke the last two nights for +4.55 each.

Of course, this week is all about Super Bowl XLV, the Pittsburgh Steelers versus the Green Bay Packers. I didn’t expect to like this game as much as I do, and readers who have perused posts like Steelers Envy can guess which way I’m going. I’ll post my pick on the Ink in the next couple of days. I was thinking about doing it tomorrow, and I still may, but my luck really turned around this season when I started making picks on the day of games.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kickoff ‘23

Birds Trade for O-lineman; Week-in-Review

NFL Week 4, College Picks 🏈 Peeking at the Phillies World Series Odds ⚾