Cover for Reach Past Your Limits

Get My Motivational E-Book "Reach Past Your Limits"
Click here for information on all of my books.

Rapid Fire Week-in-Review: Cutler, A Sixer Win is a Win, Barkley’s Wrong, Fisher’s Overrated, Flyers Rolling, more

There’s no football this weekend – no, the Pro Bowl doesn’t count – but there’s a Rapid Fire Week-in-Review:

• I was screaming at my TV last Sunday calling out Jay Cutler – and Lovie Smith, thinking he had benched the quarterback – like a lot of football fans, and I had picked the Packers. But I didn’t go on Twitter to do it because I didn’t know what the deal was. I still don’t think we have the true story, but I don’t know. I can’t believe NFL players, who will be babbling about unity all spring and summer, were ripping the guy. It took someone from the Bears front office about two seconds to question their unity.

• The 76ers won 3 straight games. Sure they beat up on some scrub teams, but that’s fairly irrelevant at this stage. Their progress is genuine this time.

• I’m officially over Charles Barkley. Note to the media – stop asking him for opinions on Philadelphia sports. Once again he’s babbling that the Sixers shouldn’t try to win games, and hope for a higher draft pick. That’s moronic. It’s January. The draft has been thinned out to the point where it’s a guessing game after the first couple guys because of players jumping to the NBA too early. Barkley is the chubby funny guy now. Enough with sticking a microphone in his face for actual sports issues.

• Everyone who is enamored with Jeff Fisher coming to the Eagles as a defensive coordinator, give it up. First of all, despite his long tenure with Tennessee (and previously with the Oilers), he’s been a worse head coach than Andy Reid. Check the record. Besides that, the Eagles are not going to hire anyone fans or the media would perceive as a threat to Reid.

• Reports are that Reid has decided on his next defensive coordinator as a coach from Green Bay, Darren Perry. I’m happy they’re going outside the organization, but Reid’s roots with the Packers scares me. Is this just another guy he knows will stay in line?

• There are also reports that more than one guy turned down the coordinator job with the Eagles. If that doesn’t tell readers what a mess this organization is, I don’t know what to tell you.

• Tweet of the Week: This week it’s actually a series of tweets from Eagles cornerback Asante Samuel, known as a guy that practically avoids contact, after Cutler left the NFC Championship Game, “Cutler doesn't finish. Wow! If you talk alot of [sh--] in your interviews you got to be warrior in crunch time. I am in total shock rite now. Maybe this guy can heart them a win. What a ********* If he was my teammate I would be looking at him sideways. Man shoot that [sh--] up with a needle. He ain't got to do much jus drop back and throw the ball. I luv my QB @mikevick he has the heart of a lion. I guess others are scared of success.”

Stay classy.

• NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, who reportedly made about $10 million dollars last year, has announced that he will take a salary of $1 next year if there is a work stoppage in the NFL this off-season. He failed to mention why anyone would care or see this as anything other than an obvious PR stunt.

• This weekend is the NFL Pro Bowl and the NHL All-Star games. Otherwise known as one of the three dullest sports periods of the year, joined later by the NBA and MLB All-Star games. Baseball’s game is actually still watchable, but the two days surrounding it are just devoid of sports. At least we have basketball this weekend, and college basketball during the NBA All-Star Weekend.

• The Flyers went into the break as the best team in the NHL. I may have to try to watch hockey before May this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kickoff ‘23

Birds Trade for O-lineman; Week-in-Review

NFL Week 4, College Picks 🏈 Peeking at the Phillies World Series Odds ⚾