Cover for Reach Past Your Limits

Get My Motivational E-Book "Reach Past Your Limits"
Click here for information on all of my books.

Series and Game Picks on the NBA Conference Finals

The NBA Conference Finals can finally kickoff today now that it’s convenient for television. As I noted on Friday, I went a disappointing 2-2 in the semifinals, and now sit at 8-2 and +24.75 points for the playoffs.

I am taking the L.A. Lakers to beat the Suns, but at -340 I’m not bothering with the points. However, I doubled-down on my pick of the Lakers winning the championship, which is still +150. In total, I’ve got 200 points to win 325 points.

I’m really not overlooking Orlando’s undefeated run in the playoffs so far, but I am taking the Boston Celtics at +210 for 20 points to win 42 in what I believe will be a difficult series. In fact, I think Orlando could win today, but I’m taking Boston plus the points. As I said I might on Friday, I’ll be posting picks on individual games below. I’ll update this post when I have a pick. I will likely change the date and time of the post to keep it current, so the reader will just have to trust that the earlier picks were made on time.

Individual game picks:
Game 1 Orlando/Boston: Celtics +6.5 for 5 points to win 4.55
Game 1 Lakers/Suns: no pick; I just don't like the 6.5 points either way.

Game 2 Orlando/Boston: Celtics +7.5 for 5 points to win 4.55; I’m writing on Monday around 6PM, and I’m tempted to load up on this. The Celtics are getting 7.5?? But this is usually where I mess up, so I’m staying at 5 points.

Game 2 Lakers/Suns: Lakers -7.5 for 5 points to win 4.55; I'm writing on Wednesday around 3:20PM. I don't love this number, but I'm going with the theory that being up 10 on the Suns is like being up only 5 on any other team. They just push the pace so much that points come easier on both sides, and I am not sure the Suns can compete with the Lakers.

Writing on 5/21:

Game 3 Orlando/Boston: Celtics -3.5 for 5 points to win 4.55; I thought it would be a tough series.

Game 3 Lakers/Suns: Lakers +120 (money line) for 5 points to win 6; I think it's over.

Writing on 5/24:

Game 4 Orlando/Boston: Celtics -7 for 5 points to win 4.55; I don't love the number, but Orlando probably rolls over if the Celtics start strong. First loss of these series last night. The Lakers made me a little nervous for what looks like their inevitable match up with Boston, but just a little.

Writing on 5/25:

Game 4 Lakers/Suns: Lakers -2 for 5 points to win 4.55. I should probably have stayed away.

Writing on 5/27:

Game 5 Lakers/Suns: Lakers -7.5 for 5 points to win 4.55. If they can't figure out a freakin' zone . . .


Writing on 5/28:

Game 6 Orlando/Boston: Celtics -3.5 for 5 points to win 4.55. It's been brutal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kickoff ‘23

Birds Trade for O-lineman; Week-in-Review

NFL Week 4, College Picks 🏈 Peeking at the Phillies World Series Odds ⚾