Cover for Reach Past Your Limits

Get My Motivational E-Book "Reach Past Your Limits"
Click here for information on all of my books.

Sixers Running Summer Repeat

Ok, I’ve been slow to blog about anything lately, but except for the Phil’s ups and downs there’s just not much too talk about in Philly sports lately. In fact, it feels like Groundhog Day around here.

· I believe the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result. Once again Billy King drafted a guy with a game described just like that of Andre Iguodala. He has followed up last year’s pick of Rodney Carney with Thaddeus Young. Then after a bunch of trades, he ended up with a 7-footer, Jason Smith, and a 6-7 guard, Derrick Byars.

I’d be lying if I said I knew squat about any of these guys, but I said Carney was a wasted pick, and so is Smith. First of all, he’s 19; the last thing this team needed was a guy they have to sit around and wait to develop. Besides that, it’s absurd to draft a virtual clone of your best player two years in a row. Build around the guy!

Jason Smith is a big guy, which they need, but he looks a little thin to me. I’m already hearing the Sixers say he needs add weight, but he’s athletic and handles the ball well. Scares the hell out of me as a fan.

I know even less about Byars, but how many 6-7 slashing, small forwards can one team use?

· The Phillies are managing to keep pace despite a pitching rotation made up of minor leaguers. Charlie Manuel actually deserves a lot of credit for holding the team together, but it seems inevitable that this team is going to come up short.

· The Flyers have acquired two big name players and everything is right in the organIzation (sic). Maybe this summer we actually should have the parade now. It never comes later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kickoff ‘23

Birds Trade for O-lineman; Week-in-Review

NFL Week 4, College Picks 🏈 Peeking at the Phillies World Series Odds ⚾