Cover for Reach Past Your Limits

Get My Motivational E-Book "Reach Past Your Limits"
Click here for information on all of my books.

Ws by Birds, Phils still bring bad day

The Eagles and Phils won, and I feel like crap. No, not just because I continue to suck at picking games, though that's not helping. (I mean, 2-6-1 is just bad.)

Yeah, the Phils needed a miracle this weekend. But we almost got it. The Cubs were right there — right there — today, almost beating the Astros to help the Phils force a playoff with Houston. They actually lead late in the game, and had the tying runs on second and third in the ninth only to smack a line drive to the second baseman for the third out.

Of course, the worse is yet to come. The media will belabor the point of yet another season that came up just short. Thankfully, WIP won't be our only option tomorrow, and we can ignore Angelo Cataldi recalling every near-miss in Philly history, Anthony Gargano's smug attitude despite being dead wrong in his summer-long BS session that the Phils would fold (they did not), and Mike Missanelli predicting nothing but future gloom and doom. We can hope WPEN's new sportstalk shows offer better. But, with the Dallas Cowboys on deck for the Birds, even the return of Jody MacDonald comes one of the two weeks a year I can't take the admitted Cowgirl fan.

Even the Birds' comeback victory doesn't help. I just can't imagine Donovan McNabb's sports hernia not dashing our Super Bowl hopes. I know, so much for Missanelli's gloom and doom. Hey, at least I hope I'm wrong.

The silver lining for me is my rediscovery of baseball may be complete. Today was very disappointing, but I haven't cared enough about the Phils to be disappointed in years.

The Phils have a legit core in Jimmy Rollins, Chase Utley, and Ryan Howard. Rollins' hit streak should be a fun story early next year. There are plenty of "ifs" about this team, but they also outplayed most of the National League in the second half of the year.

Maybe it's finally time to stop counting the days to Eagles training camp by June.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kickoff ‘23

Birds Trade for O-lineman; Week-in-Review

NFL Week 4, College Picks 🏈 Peeking at the Phillies World Series Odds ⚾