A few things I noticed in the NFL’s Week 2:
- I think I’ll be checking this all season. This week 2 out of 5 of the leading passers, including the first and third place guys lost their games.
- The same is true of the top 5 leading rushers, with the first and fourth ranked guys losing.
- The top 4 receiving leaders on the week lost, with the fifth guy losing. Unlike last week, I don’t think these statistics are very telling, but it will be interesting to watch week to week.
- Pittsburgh gets crushed by Baltimore, then Baltimore is beaten pretty thoroughly by Tennessee. It’s not completely inexplicable, but the NFL can be incredibly hard to figure out especially early on.
- The NFL has to get its act together on the way they penalize illegal hits. The Saints got a penalty for an absolutely nothing hit on the Bears’ Jay Cutler, and Dunta Robinson gets the exact same penalty for launching his head at Jeremy Maclin’s head. It makes no sense.
- I never need to hear that Roger Goodell is serious about player safety. For the second year in a row Dunta Robinson went head hunting against an Eagles receiver. And this year’s hit on Jeremy Maclin brought nothing but a fine. He should have been suspended for at least one game.