Cover for Reach Past Your Limits

Get My Motivational E-Book "Reach Past Your Limits"
Click here for information on all of my books.

Rapid Fire Week-in-Review: Brian Kelly, Sports Talk, DeSean, more


It’s been a long week for me, so let’s wrap it up with a Rapid Fire Week-in-Review:

* I was purposely trying to make this week all about football on the blog, but I almost feel weird not having mentioned the Phillies. After they swept the Braves, their biggest threat until the World Series seems to be avoiding rainouts.

* Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly looks like he is absolutely losing his mind. He looked like he literally wanted to choke his quarterback last week, and he wasn’t much different last year. I’m actually trying to root for ND these days, but he makes it difficult.

* I gave the new Mike & Ike show on 94 WIP a shot on Tuesday and was very disappointed. Michael Barkann seemed to be deferring to Ike Reese as the “radio veteran” and it just didn’t work. I’ll give it another shot soon, but they have to get their roles straight. Reese is the former athlete who can add insight, but he can’t do the radio host thing.

* If I could predict games as well as radio happenings, I’d be rich. I wrote last month that I expected that Tony Bruno would be back on the local airways soon. Well, he’s back and moving back to the area. He’s also giving up his national show, as I mentioned. No way he’s doing all that for two hours a day. Unless he’s semi-retiring, I’m still guessing he’s going to do a new morning show for 97.5. They certainly need one.

* Tiki Barber’s agent actually said he was “flabbergasted” that no one signed his client. His client is a 36-year-old running back who hasn’t played in years and was known as a bad teammate. Someone needs to buy the agent a dictionary.

* To use the term properly, I’ll be flabbergasted if DeSean Jackson doesn’t have a new contract by Sunday’s kickoff. I just don’t get this situation unless the Eagles are trying to be dramatic about announcing the new deal. Jackson ended his holdout, has kept his mouth shut, and even his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, has kept quiet. If there’s nothing imminent, it just seems very odd.

* Peyton Manning, I’m guessing, is likely done for the season. As great as he is, I think people are over reacting saying the Indianapolis Colts might not win four games. Kerry Collins can’t do what Manning does, but call the offense in a normal way and surround him with the talent the Colts have and I think they could eke into the playoffs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kickoff ‘23

NFL Week 4, College Picks 🏈 Peeking at the Phillies World Series Odds ⚾

Week 6 NFL, College Football Picks 🏈🏈🏈